Simple Tips and Tricks to Re-spark Your Marriage
It feels horrible when you find out that things are not working in your marriage. Even though you may want to stay together however you feel that there is already too much broken and wrong with your relationship that it seems impossible to make this happen. It’s not so easy to introspect and admit that things aren’t going well, however, the good news is that you can make things work back on track. You can work through the biggest hurdles if you align and figure out the issues that are bringing you down. This will involve both of you and the willingness to admit what and where things are wrong, and then fix it in unison and save your marriage.
While on the other hand, some couples take the route of giving up on the relationship but that does not need to be your reality. It is well worth trying out these steps to see how they will work for you and ultimately this can help you recover.
Take a step back, think, and consider what is truly wrong and try these ways to fix your broken marriage:
1. Identify what made you fall in love
Get back to the basics and put yourself into the previous mindset when you both met and fell in love. Think about those things that made you both fall in love with one another and even write it down. Consider what you loved about this person and what made you want to be with them. Although you may have lost sight for this, however thinking back to those good times when you had just fallen in love will really help to uplift your spirits. Write down their best characteristics and you can even find that they are still there, however you have had a hard time getting in touch with them lately.
2. Start to listen to each other again
Have heartfelt conversations once again and start to communicate with one another. Listen to what your spouse has to say you, and then ask the same from them. Make it a point to listen to each other again and it will be really nice if you uncover what was once great about your marriage. Listening can be really powerful!
3. Reflect on what has made your marriage feel broken
Find out where did things went wrong? Why have you grown apart? Did either one of you cheat? Or did life just get in the way?
These are some of the main reasons why marriages fall apart:
- Communication gap: Lack of communication can be the extremely damaging factor for a relationship. When couples stop sharing things with one another or expressing themselves, they weaken their chord of connection. And when their connection becomes weak, their relationship also loses the strength. If you see your marriage is on the verge of falling apart, you must strengthen your bond by communicating more. The dearth of communication often drives a wedge between you and your partner.
- Infidelity: Cheating on your partner is a major deal breaker. If one of the partners in a relationship is doing infidelity, it will definitely damage the relationship.
- Lack of care and affection: With time passion and love fades away in a relationship and couples stop showing their affection and care towards each other. Eventually, all the warmth and sweetness of the relationship goes away and there is no more joy and love left in the marriage. This can cause the marriage to fall apart.
- Crisis: Know those crisis situations that can either make your marriage stronger or can break it. During difficult times, how couples support each other determines how good and bad their relationship is going to become.
Even if your relationship has gone through such hurdles, saving a broken marriage is not an impossible task. Still, there are plenty of circumstances for which you together can work through even though they have chipped away at the marriage wreckage point. Think about those things when things went from good to bad, and then try to find a better solution to work through it and get back to those lovely happier times.
4. Talk to each other
Be patient with one another, in the areas that seem to be the biggest problems. Talk “to” one another instead of “at” one another. This is part of listening that helps you reconnect again. Be patient and willing to work through the hurdles and know that it will lead you to have the best times overall.
5. Don’t let distractions get in the way of your relationship
Sure you may have a career and kids and a whole lot of other things in your life, however, don’t let them stand in the way of your marriage. Life gets busy however a couple must grow together and try to align throughout the good and bad times. Make it a point to date once again, talk more, and ensure that you are still the unified source no matter how busy your life may get.
6) Find a way to connect again
Think of those things that would take to connect with one another once again. Plan a trip for just two of you. Commit to spending even a few minutes together each night chatting. Go out on dates and make one another a priority of your lives. When you will find your way back to one another again and truly reconnect, then it will help you fix what has gone wrong to such a point.
Sometimes it’s just a matter of reflecting upon things that may help you to find a lasting happiness, even when you thought that your marriage was doomed—this is how you can get a broken marriage back on track and enjoy the “happily ever after” that you always dreamed of!
More in Family Counseling
Caring For Your Self When You Are A Parent
Have you ever wondered why the emergency instruction in a flight says that you in case there is a need, one...October 20, 2017
How Social Media And Substance Abuse Are Correlated (And How To Avoid The Trap)
We live in times where everything is just a click of a button away. For example, sharing and accessing information is...October 20, 2017
How to Help A Friend Fight Drug Or Alcohol Addiction
Fighting an addiction all by yourself is tough. It often leads to a serious case of depression or worse. Alcohol or...October 20, 2017
Is It The Right Time To Give Your Kid A Smartphone?
Only a few years back, many parents used to ponder about the right age and the right time they should give...October 20, 2017
Why You Should Not Give Up On Rehab
The feeling of hopelessness or guilt is something that cannot be fully explained to another person. Most people who go to...October 20, 2017
Celebrities Who Have Sought Therapy For Their Bipolar Disorder
Almost 2.6% of the entire American population is affected with bipolar disorder. Earlier called manic depression, bipolar disorder is a brain disorder...October 20, 2017
Four Unexpected Ways Your Childhood Affects Your Relationship
Perhaps it has never crossed your mind as to how your childhood affects your relationship, but in some cases, maybe you’ve...October 20, 2017
How To Reduce Stress As A Single Parent
Single parents are becoming more and more common with every passing day. Some are by choice, while others are divorced or...October 20, 2017
OCD 101 — Busting A Few Myths
OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a widely known mental illness. However, it is also one of the most highly misunderstood...October 20, 2017